Physiotherapists are leaders in diagnosing and treating musculoskeletal pain and movement dysfunctions.
Using evidence based research and techniques, we are able to accurately assess and diagnose the cause of your pain and treat the underlying muscle imbalances and joint dysfunctions to relief your pain and restore you to active living. To ensure lasting optimal outcomes, we will explain to you why you have your pain, what you can do to maintain the flexibility you gain through Physiotherapy and how you can prevent future injuries.
Some common conditions we treat are
- Neck Pain and Headaches – symptoms such as pain in the base of your head, neck and shoulders; stiff neck joints where you feel pain when trying to turn your head;
Back Pain and Sciatica – symptoms such as pain in your lower back and down to your thigh; pain with sitting; pain with sitting to standing;
- Sports Injuries – symptoms such as pain in your knee after running; pain in your ankle after rolling onto it during sports; pain in your elbow when playing tennis or golf;
- Shoulder Pain and Injuries – symptoms such as pain around your shoulder and difficulty lifting your arm up; pain between the shoulder blades causing you discomfort at night when you lie down;
- Knee Pain – symptoms such as pain inside your knee joint; feeling of weakness when climbing stairs; feeling like your knee gives way at times without warning;
- Fractures and Bad Ankle Sprains – symptoms such as unable to put weight on your leg; swelling and pain in the ankle after a fall;
Physiotherapy and early intervention can effectively treat the above concerns with good outcomes. Early treatment minimizes pain, swelling and tissue damage, prevents stiffness and ensures a quicker return to sports and other activities. Additionally, we stock a range of joint supports, braces & tapes.
From the management of the early stages of injury to expert women’s health team, we practice wholly based on the latest research and evidence around.
And all of this to better the outcome for YOU. Whether that be completing that next race, winning the grand final, enjoying your favourite past times, sitting pain free at your desk at work, or wrestling with the kids at home in the backyard.
We understand that your injury is impacting your life, your work, your sports and hobbies and we want to get you back as soon as possible to the stuff you love doing.
What should I expect from physiotherapy?
We believe in managing your symptoms of pain and discomfort. We combine this with early active management using exercise as therapy. We also love looking at the whole you. This way we can find and better “fix” the causes of your injury, not just patch you up.
Your initial physiotherapy assessment will take up to 75 minutes. During this time, we will:
Chat with you about your condition
This includes all details about your injury, history of prior injuries, your usual exercise and activity levels and your goals after this injury.
Assess you physically
Our physiotherapists will look at how you move, your pain, your movement coordination and control, your spinal and pelvic alignment and stability, and the movement of your nervous system.
Treat the symptoms and start you on exercises appropriate to your pain and target areas.
Our physiotherapists will draw from our wealth of treatment approaches and clinical experience to massage, manipulate, realign, mobilise and stretch you. And you’ll have your exercise homework to work on independently.
Talking with you about your injury is imperative to help you recover quicker. The better you understand your injury, the more it can all make sense – from your treatment in the physiotherapy clinic to your exercises at home. This can include anatomy and causes of your injury, suggested changes you can make in posture or movement to aid with healing and prevent re-injury, and the expected course of physiotherapy expected to maximise your outcome. Education is a powerful tool for healing.
So what happens after your initial session?
You will be guided through your subsequent treatment sessions by your physiotherapist after this assessment, with your management plan combining:
- 30, 45 or 60 minute physiotherapy sessions
- Ongoing hands-on treatment in the physiotherapy treatment rooms
- Combined sessions of hands-on physiotherapy with precise and targeted exercise in the Pilates and exercise studios
- Exclusive exercise sessions as you pass out of the early stages of injury and pain in our Pilates and exercise studios
- Re-assessment of your movement, strength, movement control and your goals
- Small class Pilates, core and trunk stability programs.
Remember, we have your goals in mind and will help you to achieve them the best way we know how. And all while using the latest research and evidence to do so.
Don’t put up with pain for another day, call us on 0296998111 for an appointment with our expert Physiotherapists to get back to pain free living!